Friday, January 5, 2018
1lb Cauliflower (cut into florets)
1 lb Brussel sprouts ( halved)
1 lb carrots (thinly sliced)
1/4 cup Cilantro (Roughly chopped)
2 Tbsp Olive oil
1/2 tsp of Salt
1/2 tsp of pepper
1. Preheat the oven 350 Fahrenheit.
2. Prepare a baking sheet pan by covering it with foil and set aside.
3. Put all the cauliflower, Brussel sprouts and carrots in a large bowl. Add olive oil, salt & pepper. Mix well and set aside.
4. Put the vegetables on a baking sheet pan and put them in the oven until done; Tender and well browned or until charred.
Posted by Kenya Food at 9:24 AM
Wednesday, January 3, 2018
2 whole coconuts - grated
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
2 Tbs cornstarch/ wheat flour
1 coconut water
2 Tbs butter
1 green pepper – cubed cut
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
1 tsp curry powder
½ tsp turmeric powder
1. Place coconut in a pan, add milk, broth, and salt. Bring it to the boil, then add coconut water and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Strain the liquid by pressing the coconut through the strainer or use coconut milk from the can.
3. Return to the boil and add the cornstarch for binding.
4. Melt butter in a saucepan. Add all the remaining ingredients except dhania/cilantro.
5. Finally, add the coconut cream, bring to the boil and taste. If necessary, combine more cornstarch to thicken.
Posted by Kenya Food at 7:38 AM